When it comes to showing off your best smile, one of the things that are always present in the equation is having perfectly white teeth. Your pearly-whites do a lot to benefit your overall look. It complements your smile, makes you feel confident, and shows how well your dental health is. But, unfortunately, not every one of us is blessed to have beautiful white teeth.
This fact is the very reason why we all search for the best teeth whitening products that we can get a hold of to remedy our problem. It is also the reason why dental cosmetics companies find ways to cater to every customer’s teeth whitening needs. Let us discover what teeth whitening products and procedures can we try to help us lighten the shade of our teeth.
Find out the different preparation of teeth whitening, such as in the form of a whitening strip, gel, pen, or teeth whitening kit. Now, if you are sure that you want to do something about your stained teeth but you do not want to introduce any chemical agents on your mouth, we suggest you check out this link to find out how you can achieve whiter teeth using a 100% all-natural teeth whitening alternative.
Because there are so many teeth whitening kits that are available in and out of the US, we have trimmed down our short list of candidates based on the recommendations given by well-known dentists and beauty specialists as the most effective and requested teeth whitening kits by their patients. After many sit-down interviews and collaborative research processes, we have narrowed down our list to the top 5 brands vying for the title – the top teeth whitening kit.
Best Overall: Crest 3D White No Slip Whitestrips
‘This whitening strips safely speeds up lightening the shade of your teeth while still talking… or drinking water!’
Best Teeth Whitening Strips: Crest 3D White No Slip Whitestrips
‘Using these whitening strips is so easy as it won’t budge out of place even if you drink or talk, and the results are astounding!’
Best for Braces: Snow Teeth Whitening System
‘It safely and deeply whitens teeth that even orthodontic patients with braces can benefits from its bleaching effect.’
Best Teeth Whitening with LED Blue Light: Auraglow Deluxe Home Teeth Whitening System
‘The combination of 35% carbamide peroxide and 5x the LED light than most whitening systems puts Auraglow on the top of our list!’
Best Natural Whitening Kit with Charcoal: Active Wow 24K White Charcoal Whitening Kit
‘If bleaching is not in your vocabulary and all-natural is the way to go, trust that Active Wow and its powerful charcoal content will get the job done.’
Best Value Whitening Kit: iSmile Teeth Whitening Kit
‘They are so confident of the whitening results of their product that they have a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.’
What is the Ideal Teeth Whitening Kit
Because there are so many available preparations for at-home teeth whitening kits, it is very hard to gauge which is the best. The whitening results of any of these teeth whitening products depend on the way you use it and how frequently they are applied.
However, to somehow give you an idea on which products to try, here are our top five picks (in no particular order) as the most effective and satisfying teeth whitening kit candidates.
This teeth whitening kit is a complete package when it comes to at-home teeth whitening products. Lasting for at least 20 teeth whitening treatments, you can use the product once a day as necessary, and it claims that you will see the difference in just one treatment.
- A complete teeth whitening kit from the LED activator light (with batteries), whitening solution syringes, and mouth trays.
- Contains 35% carbamide peroxide to effectively and safely whiten teeth
- LED whitening activator has a built-in alarm that beeps every 10 minutes to help you track your whitening procedure time.
- Only takes 30 minutes to perform, and results can be noticeable as early as after one use
- Has a one-size-fits-all mouth tray that may allow the whitening solution to affect your gums
Stocks Available at Amazon:
- 1 kit containing two 5ml carbamide peroxide whitening solution, accelerator device with LED light, standard mouth trays, and a whitening traycase
If you want whiter teeth but do not have enough time for a professional procedure, this teeth whitening kit can give you the results you need after only 10 minutes. Yes, just 10 minutes and you are done! This teeth whitening product combines an LED-light mouthpiece filled with whitening gel that that promises to make your teeth up to 8 shades lighter in just one week’s use. This teeth whitening kit contains carbamide peroxide, a peroxide formulation most dentists use in their professional whitening procedures as well.
- The procedure only needs 10 minutes to work!
- Promises to make your smile at least 8 shades whiter in just 1 week
- The whitening kit is designed and manufactured in an FDA-registered facility, guaranteeing quality
- If your teeth don’t whiten to your liking, you can get a full refund.
- May have the tendency to overapply the whitening solution to the tray, causing unwanted teeth and gum sensitivity
Stocks Available at Amazon:
- 1 kit containing activation light, three 3 mL whitening gel syringes, one desensitizing gell syringe, a pair of mouth trays, and the user manual
Can you imagine a teeth whitening kit that can remove stains that have been on your teeth for years? Well, Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips Teeth Whitening Kit can actually promise to remove as old as 14 years of stains! Wear the strips for one hour and expect to see an instant difference in the shade and whiteness of your teeth.
- Recognized by different websites as one of the best teeth whitening products ever made to use at home.
- Contains hydrogen peroxide as its active teeth whitening ingredient
- Recommended by most dentists when it comes to teeth whitening strips selection
- Has 40 whitening strips good of 20 treatments, and an additional two strips for a 1-hour express whitening treatment
- Some users complain of gum and teeth irritation and sensitivity after completing the whitening treatments
Stocks Available at Amazon:
- 1 box containing 44 whitening strips
- Whitening Bundle with 1 box of Crest Whitestrips (44 pcs.) and 1 tube of Crest Pro-Health Gum And Sensitivity Toothpaste, 4.1 Ounce
We have heard a lot of home remedies that can substitute peroxide-containing whitening products, and one of them is activated charcoal. This is exactly what Active Wow Natural Charcoal teeth whitening Kit boasts of. From its predecessor, the Active Wow Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder, this product uses activated coconut charcoal to polish and draw stains out of the teeth to make it look whiter and shinier. It also has baking soda to help remove stains and discoloration safely and effectively.
- Combines the effects for activated charcoal and baking soda to remove stains that cause teeth discoloration
- Has custom mold trays that need to be heated to snugly-fit to your teeth
- Uses an LED whitening activator to speed up the effects
- Does not need harsh whitening chemical agents to make the teeth whiter and shinier
- Some find it gross as they do not like putting dirt-like mixtures in their mouths
Stocks Available at Amazon:
- 1 kit containing activated charcoal whitening gel syringes with precision tips, custom mold whitening trays, LED light whitening activator, an easy-to-store traycase.
- 1 Charcoal Teeth Whitening Gel Pen, 0.09 Fl. Oz. (2.5 mL)
When it comes to teeth whitening, some people do not have the luxury of time to go to their dentists for a professional procedure or an at-home treatment that would require 30 minutes to an hour of their precious time. With Snow Teeth Whitening System, whiter teeth can be achieved after at least 9 minutes of use! In fact, the company that designed and manufactured this whitening system has won the Tuck award for Best Whitening Kit for Sensitive Teeth.
- Fast teeth whitening treatment time, as quick as 9 minutes!
- Can be used by people with dental braces, porcelain veneers, or dental crowns
- Product is gluten-free, vegan, and animal-cruelty free
- It has a 5-year warranty; if you are not satisfied, get your money back!
- The treatment procedure may exceed based on your desired teeth whiteness (up to 10 to 30 minutes)
Stocks Available at Amazon:
- 1 kit containing an LED whitening activator mouthpiece, 3 whitening wands, 1 extra strength whitening serum wand, and a progress chart to help users track their teeth whitening results
- 2-kit bundle
Am I A Good Candidate For Teeth Whitening?
As much as everyone would want their teeth to be perfectly white, not everyone can avail of this cosmetic dentistry procedure. Don’t get us wrong; teeth whitening is generally harmless for most people. Why else would dentists and other dental cosmetic specialists offer these procedures if they will only damage your teeth further, right?
The right candidates for these treatments are those who only have minimal to medium-grade moderate staining or tooth discoloration. What we meant when we say that not everyone can avail of the dental whitening involves the fact that some discolorations are too deep and that no safe amount of bleach or whitening agent can erase.
Moreover, there are certain dental (even medical) conditions that affect the staining of your teeth and make it near impossible to fully whiten your pearly whites. For instance, if you already have dental veneers, bonding, crowns, or any dental appliance attached to your teeth, they would not be affected by the whitening agents. Undergoing any teeth whitening procedure or using any teeth whitening product will just emphasize the flaws and irregularities of your teeth color.
Furthermore, people with existing teeth damage from teeth grinding, trauma-inducing injury, and teeth sensitivity will not benefit from teeth whitening, and the procedure may even cause complications.
Teeth Whitening Options
As we mentioned earlier, we cannot blame other people if they search for ways to lighten the shade and color of their teeth. They understand the benefits of having whiter teeth can give to them personally, socially, and emotionally. It is best, then, to find out different ways and means that people can use or try to help them achieve whiter teeth without sacrificing the integrity of their teeth.
Try Home Teeth Whitening Remedies
Because cosmetic dentistry procedures, like teeth whitening, have the reputation of being expensive, there are some of us who rely on natural teeth whitening procedures to brighten up their smiles.
Here are some practices that you may try at home.
- Avoid eating or drinking food and drink preparations with dark colors.
- Add a small amount of water to baking soda and turn it into a paste so you can use it as a toothpaste replacement. Or, you can just add some baking soda powder to your regular toothpaste if you want.
- Add turmeric powder to coconut oil and swish it for several minutes inside your mouth. This is what others call oil pulling, a practice that is believed to whiten teeth by polishing the teeth and protecting the teeth from bacteria buildup.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Of all the categories teeth whitening can have, this is by far the most effective and safe way to go. It can be divided into 2 types: the in-chair teeth whitening and the at-home teeth whitening kit.
In-chair teeth whitening procedures are performed in-office, with your dentist supervising and performing the whole treatment. You can expect that this procedure will use the highest amount of bleach or whitening agent that any teeth whitening product can contain, but it will still be the safest because your dentist oversees the whole process. He can also use different dental devices to speed up the process and make the results last longer and more effective, like laser light.
On the other hand, at-home teeth whitening kits are different from those that you can buy over-the-counter. Unlike the store-bought kinds, this type is specially concocted by your own dentist. He prepares the exact amount of whitening agents and produces or fabricate customized whitening trays that you can use at home for your convenience. You can feel protected and at ease that your teeth whitening procedure is still supervised and that the results will be as safe as the one performed in-office.
However, you can expect that the number of whitening chemicals will not be as high as compared to the in-chair solution, because your dentist will not be there to personally oversee the procedure. For your safety and the product’s efficacy, you should strictly follow your dentist’s instructions on how to use the teeth whitening kit.
Over-The-Counter Whitening Kit
Store-bought teeth whitening products rose to fame when procedures offered by dentists sky-rocketed and became super expensive. Naturally, people begin searching for affordable alternatives, and dental manufacturers found ways to cater to their consumer’s diverse needs.
Enter the over-the-counter teeth whitening kit brands. This type comes in different variants – as strips, gels, pens, tubes of toothpaste, or mouth rinses. These products contain several stain removers or teeth whitening agents that are safe to use every day. It is best to read the brand label’s instruction part so that you would not expect a lot and somehow disappoint yourself in the long run. Why?
Well, some over-the-counter preparations do not really whiten teeth but remove surface stains, making your teeth look whiter or cleaner. Others may contain peroxide (hydrogen or carbamide) but in very smaller amounts, so the results may be too little to notice.
Meanwhile, other types may also be good to use but only as a teeth whitening kit for maintaining a previously performed teeth whitening procedure. If you need an all-natural alternative and do not want to expose yourself to chemical-based teeth whitening agents, visit this link to find out how you can make your smile whiter and brighter naturally.
How to Choose The Best Teeth Whitening Product (Toothpaste, Strips, Kits)
The best way to answer this question is simple — talk to your dentist. While there are so many available whitening products that you can try and use without your dentist’s approval, it is still necessary and safer if a dental professional recommends a product or procedure that is suitable for your needs and preferences. Do not gamble and buy teeth whitening products just to test if they work or not because you are opening yourself to possible disappointment and dental complications.
If you will be wasting money by doing so, we would rather have you avail the professional teeth whitening performed in your dentist’s office! Trust that your dentist will tell you which products will work for you, and which won’t. Ask him about his take on whitening strips, gels, pens, and tubes of toothpaste, or any teeth whitening kit that is available in the market and inquire if any of these fit your situation. You can also opt for an all-natural teeth whitening procedure; just click on this link to find out more!
How To Use Teeth Whitening Kit?
As mentioned earlier, because most teeth whitening products are available over-the-counter, the user should be responsible enough to use it properly to achieve its optimum outcome.
Before using the product, read the instructions on the product label to make sure that you perform the procedure correctly, and it will not cause any untoward complications during or after the process.
Dental 266 is following firm rules and regulations regarding its research procedures and has conducted well-organized surveys and interviews based on scientific data. It also sources out peer reviews and dental research studies from reputable academic institutions as well as international dental associations.
Levi A, Wood B. (2020). How to find the best at-home teeth whitening kit for a brighter, whiter smile ASAP.
Brains J, Leighton M. (2020). The best teeth whitening kits.
Bauer S. (2020). The best teeth whitening kit for a brighter, whiter smile.
Arshad S. (2019). Best teeth whitening kits: Top 5 DIY Teeth whitening products.
Buddmeyer R, Balsamo L. ( 2020). 10 Best at-home teeth whiteners you need to try ASAP.
Whitening: 5 Things to Know About Getting a Brighter Smile.
Watson S. (2019). How to Use Professional At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits.